For both our safety I would like to invite you to note the following:
- I am an accredited counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and as such follow their ethical framework
- Everything you share with me is confidential. Should you disclose any risky activity to me which could lead to your harm or harm to another, I will in the first instance discuss with you what extra support you can access, and also try to help you understand ways of managing your heightened anxiety which has a kinder outcome for you and others.
- I am legally bound to disclose any terrorist or drug trafficking activities.
- All therapists are required to discuss their work anonymously with a colleague, this is in your interest as it supports me in ensuring that I am acting always within your best interest.
- When you agree to a therapeutic contract with me, you are agreeing to a space on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. As such, you are required to pay for this space even if you are unable to attend, if you would like me to keep the space open for you. This applies even if you are unwell.
- If you are aware of absences such as holidays etc. I will not charge if you give me a week’s notice of not being able to attend your session.
- For me, the purpose of therapy is to not be in therapy. I will do everything I can to empower you to make choices and learn tools to support you in enhancing your life which you can take with you once you have made the decision that you do not need further therapy.
- Please do discuss with me any aspects of these terms and conditions which you need further clarification for.
- Therapy is a journey of two/three or a group of people, one of whom is a guide to an exploration of the other(s’s) internal territory. This needs to be a gentle, non-invasive process, which as the trust grows within the relationship can involve challenge and open exploration of difficult and painful areas as a way of releasing trauma and retrieving blocked energies to enable greater engagement with others and the environment.